Marriage Registration of a foreigner and a Pakistani in Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Karachi and other cities of Pakistan
World has been really a global village now as people of different continents and countries has lot of options to interact with each other and know about each other. Thus resulting many inter-country marriages as well. We are LawyersPK provide legal services regarding marriage registration of a Pakistani national with the person holding a foreign passport.
Here is some useful information for all those foreigners who are looking to get married with a Pakistani national on Pakistani soil…
- A foreign nationality holder should be on a valid visa at the time of marriage registration in Pakistan. It can be a visit, business or family visa etc.
- A foreign nationality holder will have to provide the information on whether he/she have been married before and whether they have any children.
- In case of 2nd marriage valid divorce papers or death certificate in case of ex-partner’s death would be required. English translation may be asked in case of original documents are in any other language.
- Six passport size photographs. In some cities only four photographs are required.
- An affidavit of “Free Will for the Marriage” if foreigner is a female. It is to be prepared at the lawyer’s office at the time of marriage.
- Photocopies of all required documents mentioned above
How much is Marriage registration Processing Time with foreign national?
- Couple will have to book an appointment with us at least 2 or 3 days in advance.
- Couple arrive at our designated office along with all required documents mentioned above on scheduled time.
- Nikah Nama (Marriage Certificate) forms are filled by Marriage Registrar with correct information of bride and groom.
- Signatures and thumb impressions of the bride, the groom Signatures of their witnesses Marriage solemnized by the registrar.
- Seal and signature of the Nikah Registrar Data entry in the relevant registers Notarization and registration of Affidavit of Free Will.
- Application to be filled for the issuance of Computerized Marriage Certificate which is a document in two languages, Urdu and English.
- Computerized Marriage Certificate (it may take upto 5 workings days for the issuance).
Documents issuance Schedule
- Couple will be provided with the Nikah Nama which is marriage registration document in Urdu language written by hand on the same day.
- Computerized Marriage Certificate will be issued within 5 to 7 workings day by the office concerned from the date of filling an application of issuance of the same.
How much does it cost?
A complete process of marriage registration with a foreign national through us will cost you a total of 20,000 to 25,000 depending on the services you render. Once the total cost is decided on the phone, there will be no hidden and extra charges upon your arrival.