Foreigner’s Marriage Rules in Pakistan
As we all know world have become a global village hence there is no surprise in inter-content or inter-country marriages are so much common now. Being a sixth most populated country, Pakistanis can be found in all parts of the world hence and there are so many Pakistani nationals who choose their life partners from across the globe. So it is a very common question people ask what are the rules for foreigners getting married with a Pakistani national in Pakistan. In this article we would list some details about foreigners Marriage rules and requirements if they want to get it registered on Pakistan soil.
Primary requirements and rules for foreigners getting married with a Pakistani national in Pakistan:
- A foreigner must have to have a valid Pakistan visa at the time of marriage registration. This visa can even a tourist visa.
- If a foreigner is getting married in Islamabad or Karachi with a Pakistani national then he/she will have to submit 6x passport size photographs, in Lahore 4x photographs are required.
- Pakistani partner will have to present his National Identity Card for the registration of their marriage.
- If any party was previously married but now living a divorced or widowed then presentation of relevant document is compulsory.
- Couple will also have to bring along with two male witnesses with them at the time of registration. We can also arrange witnesses on request, however, this service may add some additional cost.
How the process will work:
- Couple books an appointment with us in advance. At least 1 or 2 days in advance appointment is necessary.
- Couple arrives at our office along with all the documents listed above.
- At our office marriage will be registered as per Pakistan laws and will also be solemnized in religious way by the concerned person which is also a necessary part of these proceedings.
- This whole process may take up to two hours and couple will be provided with "Nikahnama" on the spot.