Marriage Registration of a foreigner and a Pakistani in Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Karachi, and other cities of Pakistan
This article is about the Marriage Registration of a foreigner and a Pakistani in Pakistan.
The world has been really a global village now as people of different continents and countries have a lot of options to interact with each other and know about each other. Thus resulting in many inter-country marriages as well. Pk-Legal and Associates are helping foreign nationals regarding marriage registration with Pakistani nationals since 2004 and have provided services of marriage registration of foreign nationals with Pakistani nationals.
Here is some useful information for all those foreigners who are looking to get married to a Pakistani national on Pakistani soil…
- A foreign nationality holder should be on a valid visa at the time of marriage registration in Pakistan. It can be a visit, business or family visa, etc.
- A foreign nationality holder will have to provide information on whether he/she has been married before and whether they have any children.
- In the case of 2nd marriage, valid divorce papers or a death certificate in case of ex-partner’s death would be required. English translation may be asked in case of original documents are in any other language.
- Six passport-size photographs. In some cities, only four photographs are required.
- An affidavit of “Free Will for the Marriage” if the foreigner is a female. It is to be prepared at our Law office at the time of marriage.
- Photocopies of all required documents mentioned above.
How much is Marriage registration Processing Time with foreign nationals?
- A couple will have to book an appointment with us at least 2 or 3 days in advance.
- The couple arrive at our designated office along with all required documents mentioned above at the scheduled time.
- Nikah Nama (Marriage Certificate) forms are filled by Marriage Registrar with the correct information of the bride and groom.
- Signatures and thumb impressions of the bride, the groom Signatures of their witnesses Marriage solemnized by the registrar.
- Seal and signature of the Nikah Registrar Data entry in the relevant registers Notarization and registration of Affidavit of Free will.
- Application to be filled for the issuance of Computerized Marriage Certificate which is a document in two languages, Urdu and English.
- Computerized Marriage Certificate (it may take up to 5 workings days for issuance).
Documents issuance Schedule in case of a Pakistani and Foreigner’s court marriage
- The couple will be provided with the Nikah Nama which is a marriage registration document in the Urdu language written by hand on the same day in most cases but in some cases, it is issued on the very next working day.
- Computerized Marriage Certificate shall be issued within 5 to 7 workings days by the office concerned from the date of application submission.